Looking to Sell? Small Changes that Generate the Largest Return
Posted By: Rachel Kavanagh
January 16, 2019
Looking to Sell? Small Changes that Generate the Largest Return – The new year has started and before you know it the busy spring market will arrive. During this time homeowners will once again be preparing their home for sale and looking to bring out the hidden potential to generate a higher return.
Here are a few enhancements that can offer the largest return on investment (ROI):
1. Cleaning and Decluttering – Often underrated, doing a thorough cleaning of the home yourself and removing excess items can make it feel bigger and more welcoming. Clean Sells!! Undertaking the task yourself could cost you nothing or hiring a professional could cost approximately $400.
2. Lighting – Upgrading the lighting will not only make your home more energy efficient and stylish, but it will also highlight your homes best features. Simply using a 100 watt or LED light bulb can make a statement and have your home sparkle. Buyers are looking for spaces that are full of light.
3. Painting – Paint not only the walls but also the baseboards and trim with a neutral colour. Doing it yourself will cost between $75 – $150 at a minimum while hiring a professional painter will get it done quicker, however, it will cost more.
4. Flooring – Cleaning your carpet or polishing your hardwood requires very little investment to produce a great return. Adding hardwood or repairing existing flooring can be costly, but can provide an even greater return.
5. Kitchen & Bathroom – Look at upgrading the kitchen and bathroom. E.g. new fixtures, fresh paint or even replacing the countertop or vanity
|Cleaning & Decluttering – Professional||$400||$2,000||400%|
|Lighting||$100 – $400||up to $1,600||300%|
|Painting – Professional||$500 – $1,000||$2,000||100% – 120%|
|Flooring – Install Carpet/Hardwood||$600 – $900||up to $2,000||110% – 233%|
|Kitchen & Bathroom||$1,900||$3,200||100%|
Before beginning any enhancement project, have one of the agents from RE/MAX All-Stars Benczik Team Realty walkthrough your home and give you the guidance as to where to invest your money and where not to. Even if you are not ready to sell it is important to receive advice from the professionals, so an incorrect decision is not made. From time to time we have witnessed our clients invest money in areas that didn’t have a positive return. Our goal is to put every home we list in “showroom condition”. The ultimate goal is to generate the best price from the market place in a timely manner. We have a complete catalogue of trusted professionals who can assist with any renovation project.
* Looking to Sell? Small Changes that Generate the Largest Return was written by Benczik Team Realty
For more information on your home, visit our website and get a free home evaluation to ensure you get the best seller’s service! With experience around Markham, Stouffville, Unionville, and all of York Region, Benczik Team Realty works to serve you in the best way possible! Act now, and don’t miss out on this ever-growing market.